Treasure Maps & Chests
Treasure Maps can be dropped as loot by any NPC and will lead you to buried Treasure Chests!
More powerful enemies such as Leaders and Deity have high drop rates of both Maps and Chests.
- USE the map to begin a treasure hunt!
- Select the TREASURE MAP -> GEAR ICON -> USE TREASURE MAP
- This provides general directions to the treasure's location.
- A location rumor will be sent to all players in the game!
- Uncommon (R2): 20 Minutes
- Rare (R3): 8 Minutes
- Heroic (R4): 5 Minutes
- Legendary (R5): 2 Minutes
- Ultimate (R6): 30 Seconds
- Activated maps remain in your inventory:
- Their name is marked with a "*" until found.
- You can re-use at any time to review the treasure hint.
- Will be removed if any player discovers the treasure.
- Any player can find another player's treasure! It's a race! Don't wait!
- Select MENU -> WORLD MAP to see a map of the world.
- Once in the correct region area, select your squad's SEARCH button.
- "V" is the SQUAD SEARCH hotkey on desktop
- SEARCHING for a treasure is a mini-game of "hot or cold". You will see different messages:
- No Message
- You are on the correct map, but more than 3 tiles away!
- "The search found nothing, however something is in this area"
- You are three connected tiles away from the treasure!
- "The search found nothing, however something is nearby!"
- You are two connected tiles away from the treasure!
- "The search found nothing, however something is very close!"
- The treasure is one tile away!
- No Message
- Use multiple Squads to search more efficiently.
- The "Hot and Cold" messages might get confusing, so pace yourself.
- Exploring and learning the game world will help you find treasure fast!
- Treasure Maps will almost always take you to areas of the same level.
- Treasure Maps need to be re-used after a server restart!
- Obtained as loot from NPCs and Treasure Maps
- USE the chest to open it!
- Select the TREASURE CHEST -> GEAR ICON -> USE TREASURE CHEST
- Rewards a random number of Silvers and an item of the chest's rarity!
- Chests can be bought and sold on the Player Market.
Unearthing Items & Fighters
Even without a map you have the possibility to find treasure!
SEARCH any area using your squads to dig up hidden items and rare non-human fighters!
Treasure Map hunts will always take priority, so if your SEARCH results in no message, you are on a map with an active treasure chest and won't find random items or fighters there. You should try to dig up that treasure first!
If there isn't an active treasure hunt you will see other messages:
- "The search found nothing -- This entire area seems to be empty"
- The entire 16x16 tile area map does not have anything right now. Try later!
- "The search found nothing -- This spot is not good for Treasure hunting."
- There is no possibility of finding treasure in this specific tile.
- "The search found nothing -- This area is not good for Treasure hunting."
- There is no possibility of finding treasure in this entire 16x16 area map.
- "The search found nothing -- This entire area was recently plundered."
- Someone found loot here recently! Come back in a few hours.